Effective Link Building Strategies That Drives SEO Results
Link building is a paramount element in any SEO strategy that effectively drives website traffic levels. An effective link building strategy comprises of familiarizing others with your content, running effective promotions, and brand building.
Why is link building crucial to a SEO Strategy?
Google recently stated that backlinks are one of their top 3 ranking signals:
Link building help form the foundation of Google’s algorithm as it focuses on link quality and not just link quantity.
With that said, in terms of quality, how do we determine high quality links?
Here are the factors to look for:
- Over 40 factors comprises of a domain’s authority. For example, a link from a news site like Huffingtonpost.com will have a bigger impact than a link from a little-known blogger. While these links are not easy to get, it is worth the effort.
- There are online search engine optimization tools that help determine a site’s domain authority such as Ahrefs. In this case, Ahrefs displays the “Domain Rating” of any URL is entered to the search tool.
- Website relevancy is key because higher quality backlinks will be more highly regarded. Otherwise, unrelated links are considered as being low quality, which may reduce your page authority.
- Links should be clearly visible. If links can be seen without question, then the authority of the page will be kept intact. If links are not clearly visible, or stashed away in footers and sidebars, then you should to reposition the links to be seen.
- Editorial links provides the highest boost page authority since another website has intentionally linked to your website without you having to ask for it do be done. If your page has a high quality detailed keto diet guide, a publisher may link to your content if they think it may be add to a similar article they have posted.
- Link Anchor Text is something that Google uses as a ranking signal. The anchor text is the clickable text of a link.
The downside of this is that like anything in SEO, keyword-rich anchor text has been abused and it can be considered spammy if there too much anchor text. You want to make sure that the anchor text is contextual, meaning it briefly describes the content of the page they will be taken to.
- Lastly, guest post links are great if it’s relevant to your site and it comes from a credible source. These high-quality links are a big help for rankings. Google stated a few years back that guest blogging has gotten too spammy because of the following reasons:
- Someone is paid to publish the post
- The post contains exact match anchor text
- The site exists only to publish guest posts
- The site is unrelated to yours
Reflect on these factors to determine a link’s quality and you’ll be on your way to improving your SEO results.
Start improving your SEO results now by having a qualified digital marketing consulting agency, such as Prime Marketing Experts, help you build your backlinks. Reach out to us now by filling out this form or by calling us at 617-651-1457.