Instagram Growth Hacks 2020: Leverage your Social Media Marketing Strategy
For many businesses, it may seem that it is almost next to impossible to conquer ever-changing algorithms on popular social media platforms such as Instagram. However, there are some useful growth hacks that can be used without trying to reinvent the wheel that still result in growth in followers, increases in engagement, and more interested prospects.
1. Creating an Instagram Content Strategy
Often, your target audience will engage with appealing content. Furthermore, people often decide to follow a page because of the content they thought was truly exceptional. Think about some photos or videos that would appeal to your target audience. You can even consider whether you want the content to be product-oriented, user-generated, or customer-focused.
There is also a 80/20 Rule where it basically suggests that 20% of your content should focus on selling while the other 80% of your content should not necessarily focus on your offering.
Liking and commenting on posts relevant to your business often builds additional visibility for your brand, especially if the post was made within the past hour.
2. Creating an Instagram Hashtag Strategy
Also, a purposeful hashtag strategy is a wise-tactic to grow Instagram followers as it serves as a social media discovery tool to build audiences.
There are opportunities to create the following types of hashtags: branded, community, and campaign. This way target audiences can easily identify and associate it with a business.
One best practice is to include 2-3 hashtags in the actual Instagram post and additional hashtags in the actual comments. It is useful to save successful hashtags for future use with tools such as Preview and Later.
3. Using Instagram Paid Advertising
At first glance, it may not even seem worth investing in paid advertising when compared to organic efforts to growing audiences. However, it has proven to be necessary since the social media landscape and its algorithms are constantly changing.
Instagram provides opportunities through paid advertising to expand your targeted audience to demographics who may not already be quite familiar with your brand from the start. It tends to be rather precise and offers formats such as standard photos/videos, carousel posts, and Story Ads. In fact, this year the Instagram ad revenue is projected at $12.32M which strongly suggests that the social media platform is a considerably worthwhile tool for businesses.
Choosing to invest in paid advertising may help accomplish specific marketing goals to build brand awareness and ultimately, convert to sales.
4. Using Instagram Stories and IGTV
Cross-promoting Instagram Stories on both Facebook and Instagram can further increase the number of impressions a post receives. You can also create a story highlight to feature your best stories, or to feature a key offering or event. Plus, IGTV video content can be featured as a Story or a post which helps increase the visibility and viewer engagement of longer-form content within the account feed. Consider using this feature by tapping on the IGTV icon within the app or download the IGTV app separately.
Also, keep in mind that discoverable hashtags can be used along with the current hashtag strategy, clickable links, or mentions (i.e. social profile) in the video descriptions to assist with improving your growth strategy for your business.
On a side note, brands promote live streams that tend to be prioritized within social media algorithms. It may be worth testing how this could potentially benefit your business now that Instagram wants to shift live streams to IGTV by adding a new button feature that would allow watching and viewing video content much easier.
5. Collaborating with Instagram Influencers
It is best to identify relevant influencers in your niche who share similar goals and interests. Explore if they have an audience that you are potentially trying to reach to collaborate with your business (i.e. blog highlights, brand tag mentions, and sponsored posts). There are useful influencer search tools such as TapInfluence, Tribegroup, Unamo, and HYPR that can help with this key step and save a lot of time in the long-run.
Lastly, businesses of any size can truly take advantage of this list of effective Instagram growth hacks to grow their followers, increase engagement and find new customers. Plus, consider these particular considerations that can potentially help businesses get started in developing better growth hacking strategies and tactics.
Partner with a top Instagram Marketing agency that will provide you with high-quality posts and content that increases brand awareness, lead generation, and website traffic. For more information, please call Prime Marketing Experts at 617-651-1457 or email us at email@example.com.